To file a claim during our regular business hours Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm please contact Federal Insurance Federation at 301.468.9600. If you have any paperwork you would like us to have, including the police report, please fax it to the Commercial Lines Dept. at 301.770.9245.
After hours claim reporting:
All Risks: 800-366-7475
Chesapeake Employers: 888-410-1400
Harford Mutual: 877-445-5826
Liberty Mutual: 800-362-0000
Maryland Auto Insurance Fund (MAIF): 800-492-7120
If you or one of your employees are involved in an automobile accident, have the following information available:
- Date and time of accident
- Damage to your vehicle
- Driver/Owner information
- Driver of other vehicle (if applicable)
- Name of police department contacted (if any)
For any type of motor vehicle loss, the policy conditions require you to:
- Notify the police in the event of a theft or as a result of a crime.
- Notify the carrier immediately by contacting the company or us directly.
- Protect your damaged property against further loss.
- Cooperate with the Insurer to obtain information they require- including complete information of the damaged & undamaged or missing vehicle, it’s cost and/or value. (Do NOT discard any damaged auto parts). Give them the right to inspect the vehicle. Allow them to question you or your employee regarding details of the claim. This includes signing a sworn statement of loss.
- Allow the Carrier to request an examination “under oath” of facts related to the loss.
- Show evidence of the loss- Proof includes: time & date of the loss, your interest and others in the vehicle, the insurable cash value of the vehicle and amount of loss you are claiming, any encumbrances on the vehicle.
For any type of liability loss (this includes property damage or bodily injury to others) the policy conditions require you to:
- Notify the carrier immediately of any possible liability claim.
- Notify the carrier immediately if you have received any legal documents from an